Friday, December 31, 2010

A Goal for 2011

I usually don't create true resolutions for New Year's.  I usually want to read the Bible through in a year and live more healthily, but my willpower fades as the novelty of a new year wears off.  This year, however, I am setting a definite goal that I already have accountability to keep.  I follow the Living Proof Ministries (Beth Moore's) blog.  If you have done any studies by Beth Moore, you know that she is a big proponent of Scripture memory and that's my goal for this year.  On the 1st and 15th of every month the "Siesta Scripture Memory Team" will log on to this blog and post their name, city, verse to memorize and its translation.  I have begun to memorize a handful of Scriptures after taking her "Breaking Free" study and I quote my verses several times a day.  My sister has agreed to be my Siesta-in-memory, so we will have this to share and encourage each other to complete.  There is even a Siesta celebration in Houston, TX in 2012 for those who complete the challenge.  I'd love to go with my sister!

Anyone care to join me in memorizing?  Let's go for it!

1 comment:

  1. My verse is Lamentations 3:25

    " The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him." NIV

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Thanks for the comment :)