First of all, they're seriously easy to make. Second, they taste like you spent hours making them (hint: you didn't). And third, you can easily cut down on the sugar to save a few calories. Also, these would be FANTASTIC for a Cinco de Mayo bash!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury™ refrigerated butter flake crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll one can of crescent rolls and press it into the bottom of your baking dish sealing perforations.
- In a small bowl blend the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and the vanilla. Spread evenly over the top of the crescent dough.
- Unroll your second can of crescent rolls onto a sheet of saran wrap or some other surface and press the perforations together. Transfer to your baking dish, placing it on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the crescent dough.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the melted butter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and bottom crust is slightly browned.
- Let it cool and store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, slice and add whipped cream and strawberries if desired.