You can tell a dish is good when there is absolutely none left at the end of a meeting. This was exactly the case for Jenny's Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole. A deliciously popular dish. We're gonna need to taste this one again, Jenny.
In the meantime, we can all make it in our own kitchens.
"I use ground turkey sausage and add green bell pepper and an onion. Also, I use whatever cheese I have on hand."
(from Get in My Belly)
recipe video here
+ 1 lb hot breakfast sausage (or sausage of your choice)
+ 1 30-32 oz bag frozen tater tots
+ 1 tsp salt
+ 1/2 tsp pepper
+ 1/4 tsp garlic powder
+ 1/4 tsp onion powder
+ 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
+ 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
+ 8 cups eggs
+ 2 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain fat.
3. In a large bowl, toss together tater tots, cooked sausage and cheeses.
4. Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
5. Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and milk.
6. Pour over tater tot mixture.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes.