Friday, October 1, 2010

Taco Soup Recipe

So, I plan to post a recipe for you here and there. Who am I? I am Joy, one of the hospitality coordinators. I have my own blog, but have stopped posting on it because I wanted to focus on some other priorities. However, I do love to help others find frugal, tasty, easy recipes and that is what you will find in my contributions on our MOPS blog.

What kind of cook am I? I like easy and frugal recipes. I am also a picky eater, so I like to think the recipes I choose are kid friendly. But God gave me two kids who are more picky than I am. :) I also like to try new recipes. My husband and I like to cook "fancier" recipes on our "date night at home" nights. And how could I forget....I love dessert!

Fall is just about here, which to me says comfort foods, soups, pumpkins, apples, need I say more? Its tough to choose just one recipe, but here is a favorite of ours. This recipe is super easy and freezes well. It makes a large pot, so you could always freeze half. I serve it with Jiffy corn muffins.

Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef

1 can whole/diced tomatoes

1 can kidney beans w/juice

1 can garbanzo beans w/juice

1 can black beans w/juice

1 can corn

2 small cans tomato sauce

1 pkg. taco seasoning


-Brown hamburger in a large pot, then add all the canned ingredients.

-Cook until boiling, then add the taco seasoning and simmer for 10-15 minutes (or until beans are soft).

-Add the corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking.

-Serve with grated cheese on top.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

We'd love to hear from you! Thanks for the comment :)