Tuesday, October 5, 2010

An Apple a Day

This past weekend I had the pleasure to visit Ellijay with my family. For those of you who do not know, Ellijay is in North Georgia and known as the apple capital of Georgia. Hillcrest Orchards was our first stop.

They had several different varieties of apples I had never heard of like Arkansas Black, Mutsu, and Winesap. I must confess, after they got in the bag, I could not tell one from the other!!!



While the scenery was beautiful, the most glorious sight of all was the apple fritter! ** que heavenly angel voices singing ** I do not know that I have ever had something as scrumptious as this! It was crispy on the outside but the apples were juicy on the inside...DELICIOUS!!!



Next, we were off to Burt's Farm and there sea of beautifully colored pumpkins.



If you are in the market for a wonderful Autumn Georgia day trip and do not mind a drive, try North Georgia!

P.S. they have a great outlet mall on the way, North Georgia Premium Outlets

So, I thought it would be fun and since I have about 20 pounds of apples in my kitchen that I would do an apple recipe a day for the next week. Be on the look out tomorrow for the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Thanks for the comment :)